NOTICE OF OPEN BOOK FOR THE TOWN OF LONG LAKE
Pursuant to Sec. 70.45 of WI Statutes notice is hereby given that the assessment roll for the year 2019 assessment of the Town of Long Lake, Washburn County will be open for examination on Saturday, May 11, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Long Lake Town Hall, N1584 Cty Hwy MD. Instructional material about the assessment and Board of Review procedures will be available at that time as well as information on how to file an objection and the Board of Review procedures under Wisconsin law. The assessor will be there to discuss any concerns about assessments. If you have a question about your assessment, this is the time to resolve it. The Board of Review will be Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m..
NOTICE OF THE BOARD OF REVIEW
FOR THE TOWN OF LONG LAKE, WASHBURN COUNTY
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Review for the Town of Long Lake, Washburn County shall hold its first meeting on Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Long Lake Town Hall at N1584 County Highway MD.
Please be advised of the following requirements to appear before the Board of Review:
· No person shall be allowed to appear before the Board of Review, to testify to the Board by telephone or to contest the amount of any assessment of real or personal property if the person has refused a reasonable written request by certified mail of the Assessor to view such property.
· After the first meeting and before the Board’s final adjournment, no person who is scheduled to appear before the Board of Review may contact, or provide information to, a member of the Board about the person’s objection except at a session of the Board.
· No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or contest the amount of assessment unless, at least 48 hours before the first meeting of the Board or at least 48 hours before the objection is heard, if the objection is allowed because the person has been granted a waiver of the 48 hour notice of an intent to file a written objection by appearing before the Board during the first two hours of the meeting and showing good cause for failure to meet the 48 hour notice requirement and files a written objection, that person provides to the Clerk of the Board of Review notice as to whether the person will ask for removal of any Board member and, if so, which member will be removed and the person’s reasonable estimate of the length of time that the hearing will take.
· When appearing before the Board, the person shall specify, in writing, the person’s estimate of the value of the land and of the improvements that are the subject of the person’s objection and specify the information that the person used to arrive at that estimate.
· No person may appear before the Board of Review, testify to the Board by telephone or object to the valuation; if that valuation was made by the Assessor or the Objector using the income method; unless the person supplies the Assessor all of the information about income and expenses, as specified in the manual under Sec. 73.03(2a), that the Assessor requests. The Town of Long Lake has an ordinance for the confidentiality of information about income and expenses that is provided to the Assessor under this paragraph which provides exemption for persons using information in the discharge of duties imposed by law or of the duties of their office or by order of a court. The information that is provided under this paragraph, unless a court determined that it is inaccurate, is not subject to the right of inspection and copying under Section 19.35 (1) of Wis. Statutes.
· The Board shall hear upon oath, by telephone, all ill or disabled persons who present to the Board a letter from a physician, surgeon or osteopath that confirms their illness or disability.
Debbie Bouma, Clerk